Summer Garden Pasta
Do you love pasta and love fresh vegetables too and want to create your own light, summery, tasty dish that can be enjoyed the year round, either vegetarian-style or with chicken or shrimp.
Summer Garden Pasta:-
I have written an article about Make Pasta Primavera Easily now let me tell you aabout how to prepare Summer Garden Pasta
What you’ll need
1 – 1 lb. box of Angel Hair pasta, 1-6 oz. can medium pitted black olives, 1 large yellow bell pepper, Extra virgin olive oil, 1 bunch of Asparagus (snap stems to use tops), 3 or 4 thin sliced chicken breasts (optional),1 bunch of Broccoli (cut to florets), Oregano, 1 medium zucchini, Basil,
1 medium yellow squash, Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, 2 or 3 Roma tomatoes, 1 Clove garlic or ¼ tsp. crushed garlic, 1 cup sliced carrots, 1 Large lemon
- Place angel hair pasta in boiling water.
- If serving with chicken, cut chicken breasts in half and then into strips/pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil into non-stick skillet and season lightly with oregano and basil;
- Add crushed garlic clove and chicken.
- When chicken is cooked through, add juice from the can of black olives and set olives aside.
- Add vegetables (cut in larger pieces) except for tomato and olives. Drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil and squeeze the juice of one large lemon (seeds removed). Season with another sprinkle of oregano and basil Cover and simmer for three to four minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- Add sliced Roma tomatoes and black olives. Cover and simmer for another one to two minutes.
- Drain pasta and plate with veggies and chicken. Top off with sauce and grated cheese.
Comments - Makes 4 to 6 servings. You can add additional lemon juice, black olive juice, and/or olive oil for extra sauce, as needed.
You can also check my these previous recipies:-