Ten Ways to Jazz-up Your “mac and Cheese”
"Macaroni and Cheese" is one of our all time favorite comfort foods, but why not jazz it up and make it even better? Here are 10 ways to do just that.
We all love our comfort food, and “Mac and Cheese” heads the list at our house, but wouldn’t it be nice to jazz it up a little bit on occasion? Here are 10 ways I have found that works perfectly. I hope your family will enjoy these jazzed up versions as much as my family does.
Original “Macaroni and Cheese”
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat and stir until thickened.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cup each, shredded cheddar and American cheese.
- Stir in 4 cups cooked macaroni.
- Transfer to a casserole. Bake in a 350 oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Now to jazz up that original macaroni: just add any of these combinations to your cooked macaroni and cheese, and you will have a new delicious dish for your family to enjoy.
- Smoky: Smoked white cheddar, hickory smoked bacon, almonds.
- Pizza: Pepperoni, mozzarella, tomato sauce, pizza seasoning.
- Herbed: Croutons, herbs, olive oil.
- New England: Lobsters, crabs, melted butter.
- Denver: Ham, green pepper, cheddar, hard cooked egg.
- South of The Border: Chorizo sausage, avocado, grape tomatoes (diced).
- Garden: Asparagus, broccoli, carrots, spinach, and banana pepper.
- Italian: Mushrooms, roasted peppers, Parmesan cheese.
- Harvest: Sautéed apples, toasted walnuts, sage.
- Greek: Roasted chicken, herbed feta, green olives, roasted sweet pepper.
http://www.triond.com/rw/6239 click here if you would like to publish your recipes, tips, or other interests and earn income.
Here are other recipes you might like to try.