Red Stripe Linguine with Chestnut Mushroom and Basil
A very tasty pasta dish. Don’t be afraid to give it a try and if you do please leave comments telling me what you thought.
- 6oz linguine pasta
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 4oz chestnut or brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 2-3 sun dried tomatoes or 1 fresh tomato seeded and cut into strips
- 4 basil leaves torn into small pieces
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 packet mixed continental salad leaves
- salt and pepper
Cook PASTA in a pan of salted oiled water and drain. Heat the OLIVE OIL in a frying pan and add the GARLIC and 10 seconds later the MUSHROOMS, fry for 1-2 minutes until the mushrooms start to weep, add the TOMATO and BASIL LEAVES and toss together, add the PASTA, season and toss again. Serve with a sprinkling of PARMESAN CHEESE and a nice GREEN SALAD (continental salad leaves) and bread.