How to Make California Roll Sushi
This article teaches you how to make California sushi roll. Sushi is one of the all time Japanese favorites. Enjoy making your own sushi. This is a simple and delicious California sushi roll recipe.
It is fun to make sushi. Your family can help you make them and you will all have fun together. Half of the fun is making the sushi, and the other half is enjoying by eating together as a family. The more often you make sushi, the faster you will be at making them. I would like to share with you my California Sushi recipe below. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Japanese rice
- Nori seaweed
- Crab meat or imitation crab sticks
- Sesame seeds
- Cook the Japanese rice on the rice cooker (ratio of rice to water is 1:1). Therefore 2 cups rice: 2 cups water.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 T vinegar and 2 T sugar.
- When rice is cooked, slowly pour the vinegar mixture onto the rice and mix well.
- Let the rice cool. Fanning will help to speed up the cooling time.
- Place a sheet of nori on the bamboo sushi mat.
- Put rice on top of the mat and spread evenly.
- Turn the nori over so that the nori is facing up and the rice is facing down on the mat.
- Place the crab meat, cucumber and avocado on the nori sheet.
- Coat with a little bit of mayonnaise.
- Roll the bamboo mat firmly away from you to shape the sushi roll.
- Place sesame seeds on a plate.
- Roll the sushi onto the sesame seeds to coat the outside part of the rice.
- Slice the roll into half, and slice the 2 halves into another 2 halves, to make a total of 8 pieces.
Cover the bamboo sushi mat with plastic wrap, so that the rice will not stick to the mat. This makes cleaning much faster. This is a great dish idea for potlucks and parties too!