How to Make Tamago Sushi
published by theorder on Oct 1, 2007
Make delicious, scrumptious, mouth-watering, tamago sushi.
- Heat a little oil in rectangular pan, then add the tamago batter, 1 cm deep.
- After 2-3 min, when the bottom of the omelette turns brownish, use a spatula to fold the omelette twice, first from the closer edge of the pan towards the middle, and then towards the far edge. There’s no need to flip the omelette, just fold it. Even if its upper side seems uncooked before folding, the “inner layers” will get done by the end of the process.
- Now oil the pan again (or not, depends if you prefer it crispy or oil free) and add another batch of tamago batter. Notice that the batter you have just added should touch the omelette you folded in the previous step.
- Repeat steps 2-3, until you run out of tamago batter.
- Now that your omelette is ready, place it on a dry cutting surface, and slice it into 2 cm-thick slices. You may use it either as a topping for nigiri sushi, or as a filling for tamaki and maki sushi.
Image via Wikipedia