Pork and Prawns with Yellow Noodles, Mee Goreng Cina
Pork and Prawns with Yellow Noodles, MEE GORENG CINA.
Potatoes and Noodles with chilli vegetables MEE GORENG INDIA.
50g Chinese dried mushrooms, 450g packet yellow noodles, 4 green shallots, 4 bunches (600g) choy sum, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 2 cloves garlic crushed, 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger, 4 small fresh red chillies seeded ,chopped, 400g uncooked prawns ,shelled ,chopped, 2 (350g) pork rump steaks sliced, 1 teaspoon cornflour, 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of water.
(1) Place mushrooms in heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water stand for 20 minutes ,drain mushrooms dicard stems, slice caps.
(2) Add noodles to pan of boiling water,boil uncovered until tender; drain ,rinse under cold water,drain well.
(3) Cut shallots and choy sum into 3cm lengths, heat oil in wok or pan ,add garlic,ginger,chillies, prawns and pork stir fry until prawns and pork are just tender. Add shallots, choy sum,mushrooms noodles and blended cornflour,soy sauce and water,stir over heat until choy sum is just wilted and liquid thickened slightly.
This should serves 4 people. The recipe best made just before serving. Freeze: Not suitable. Microwave: Noodles is suitable.
Potatoes and Noodles with chilli vegetables, MEE GORENG INDIA.
2 tablespoons grated fresh turmeric, 400g baby potatoes halved, 300g flat rice noodles, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, 40g ghee, 2 medium (300g) Onions sliced, 2 medium (260g) tomatoes halved sliced, 2 cups (160g) bean sprouts, 8 chinese cabbage leaves shredded, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce.
Chillies Paste. 2 teaspoons sambal oelek,2 teaspoons belacan, 4 cloves garlic halved, 4 french shallots halved.
(1) Combine turmeric and potatoes in pan add enough water to cover, cook uncovered until potatoes are just tender,drain, Place noodles in heatproof bowl cover wth boiling water stand for about 5minutes or until just tender; drain.
(2) Beat eggs and water together in bowl with fork, heat oil in wok or pan pour in egg mixture cook without stirring until set. Remove omelette from wok roll up firmly slice thinly.
(3) Heat ghee in clean wok or pan, add chilli paste,cook stirring until fragrant,add onions, cook stirring until very soft, add tomatoes,bean sprouts,cabbage and sauce, cook stirring for about 2 minutes or until cabbages is just wilted.
(4) Add potatoes noodles and half the sliced omelette to vegetable mixture stir over heat until heated through top with remaining omelette.
(5) Chillie Paste: blend or process all ingredients until finely chopped.This will serve 4-6 people, The chillie Paste can be made 3 days ahead. Storage: Covered in Refrigerator. Freeze: Not suitable. Microwave: Not Suitable.
I hope you all like this recipe and let me know what you think of it.
George T Saviel
Image via Wikipedia