Cheese Souffle Recipe: Melt in Your Mouth Souffle
Cheese soufflé is light and satisfying. Print off this cheese souffle recipe because it makes a perfect dish for lunch.
Why a cheese souffle recipe? The addition of cheese gives this souffle that extra touch of flavor. Watch as this soufflé puffs up magically while it cooks!
Soufflé Cream Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
Melt butter and whisk in flour. Add milk, stirring until thickened. Add seasonings. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
Additional Cheese Soufflé Recipe Ingredients
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites (whip egg whites)
Add 3 unbeaten egg yolks to pan, stirring until blended into sauce. Fold in the whipped egg whites. Pour mixture into a buttered dish. Bake in a 350-degree oven, 40 minutes, or until mixture doesn’t stick to knife tip when inserted.
Cheese Souffle Puffs Up Magically
- For a “top hat” effect, run a knife around the outside edge, inward about an inch, before popping soufflé into the oven
This cheese souffle recipe makes a dish that’s light and melts in your mouth–sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- How to Make Lavender Tea–Delicately flavored tea
- Giant Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cheese Biscuits–Fail-proof recipe for scrumptious biscuits
- Delicious Homemade Cake Donuts–Great tasting donuts you can make from home
- How to Make Perfectly Shaped Bread Buns–A trick to shape buns