Vegetarian Tacos Recipe
Most people that live in the U.S. love tacos of all kinds. The tortillas you use for tacos can be made of corn or flour. There are several different filling you can put in your tacos. These tacos do not have any meat in them so they are suitable for vegetarians.
Almost everyone loves tacos. Tacos are probably the most popular Mexican food eaten in the U.S. Tacos have almost become as American as apple pie. Tacos are easy to make and you can make a quick meal out of them. Tacos are a tortilla with a filling that is rolled up. These vegetarian tacos are easy to make and delicious. If you are not a vegetarian you will still enjoy these tacos.
- 1 Large onion that is quartered and sliced
- 1 cup ¼ inch cube of butternut squash
- 1 cup red bell pepper that has been diced
- 1 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 8 ounce package taco mix
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas that have been warmed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves
If you like Mexican cheese try using crumbled cotija or queso fresco in place of the Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Cook the vegetables in the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2. Stir in the sauce and cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Spoon mixture into the warm tortillas and top with cheese and cilantro,