20 Quick and Simple Potluck Ideas
If you are invited to a potluck and not sure what to bring, here are some great easy recipe ideas that would not take a long time to make.
1. Tortilla Chips with a big jar of salsa- according to number of people attending the potluck, get 1 or 2 huge bags of tortilla chip
2. Hummus with Pita Chips- purchase 2-3 containers hummus or make your own and then purchase 2-3 regular size bags of pita chips.
3. Caesar Salad- get those ready made bagged lettuce, add croutons and parmesan cheese and a touch of Italian dressing.
4. Tomato Cucumber Salad – wash cucumbers and tomatoes, dice up cucumbers and tomatoes. Then add salt and pepper, apple cider vinegar and squeezed lemon.
5. Greek Salad- Wash Romaine Lettuce and break into small sizes, add chopped cucumbers, chopped grape or plum tomatoes and slice some red onions. Open a can of chickpeas and drain out water and put on it, place kalamuta olives and feta cheese on top. Then pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing.
6. Pasta Salad- Either use rotini or penne, put in boiling water. Then drain out hot water, cool with cold water and wait to dry. Add black olives, grape tomatoes, dice bell peppers (yellow, orange, red, green), sliced cucumbers and then add grated parmesan cheese.
7. Three Bean Salad
Open Can of green beans, can of kidney beans, can of chickpeas, drain and rinse and place in a dish or bowl chop celery and onions very fine and place in the dish with beans and chickpeas. In a separate bowl, add apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and olive oil and pour mixture on the beans, chickpeas.
8. Fruit Salad- sliced apples, grapes, strawberries, watermelon, OR canned mandarin oranges to a fruit cocktail and pineapple chunks.
9. Mashed Potatoes or Scalloped Potatoes- using a box of mashed potatoes, add hot water, milk and butter and salt- really simple and fast.
10. Garlic Potatoes- Cut potatoes in fourths. In a skillet, add olive oil, then potatoes, and crushed garlic gloves, add salt and chopped scallions.
11. Chicken Breast Casserole – Take uncooked raw chicken breast add salt and pepper, then separately mix cream of chicken soup with ¼ cup of milk, then take this mixture and pour on the chicken breast and knead in. Add shredded cheese and then bake in oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Absolutely delicious!!!
12. Fettucine Alfredo- use Lipton’s Pasta Sides fettucine alfredo and boil in hot water with olive oil OR
You can use buy fettucine and put in boiling water, with olive oil and salt until tender, then drain the water out in a colander and add alfredo sauce.
13. Spaghetti and Meatballs
Boil Spaghetti in hot water, when tender, drain in colander. In a separate pot, add olive oil, add frozen meatballs instead of making your own meatballs. Then add spaghetti sauce, water, basil, salt, black pepper and oregano. Let it cook until meatballs are tender. Then add with the spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese
14. Penne Pasta with marinara sauce- Boil a pot of cold water until hot, then add penne pasta, when the penne is tender, drain it out in a colander. Place a ½ jar of marinara sauce on the penne and top with parmesan cheese.
15. Rice and Beans- used one of the boxed rice and beans and follow simple instructions
16. Saute Asparagus – wash asparagus, cut out the stem, and use the tips. Add butter to the skillet and crushed garlic cloves, then add asparagus tips and salt on low heat. Let it cook for 5 minutes and you are done.
17. Sweet and Sour Meatballs- On medium heat, add chopped onions, then thaw out frozen meatballs, add it in and half bottle of Sweet and Source and cook for 20-30 minutes and then add pineapple chunks.
18. Saute Green BeansUse fresh green beans/string beans. Wash and cut off the ends of greens beans. Cut green beans diagonally, then put in pot of boiling water and boil for 5-10 mins. Add a dash of salt. Now remove green beans from the stove and drain out water. Let it cool for 3 mins and then add butter and sliced almonds. Mix it up really well.
19. Couscous- In a skillet, add butter over medium heat, then add ¾ cup of chicken broth and bring to a boil, then put couscous in, leave for 5 minutes. Stir in salt, remove from heat and add can of peas and carrots. Stir in it really well.
20. Vegetable Stir Fry- Heat Olive Oil in large skillet, add crushed garlic cloves and frozen stir fry. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes, then add soy sauce and stir it up really well.
MORE ARTICLES BY THIS AUTHOR