Concise African Cooking Notes – Recipe 1: Kachumbali Salad From Tanzania
Kachumbali is usually prepared as a side dish or appetizer and eaten with other main dishes or barbeque. Below is how you can easily prepare yourself a delicious Kachumbali.
- 4 round ripe Tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 lemon squeeze
- 1 Pepper (Pilipili mbuzi)
- Salt to taste
- Wash tomatoes in the salted water then slice them into very thin slices
- Peel the onions and slice into thin slices
- Wash onions into salted water
- Wash and chop pilipili mbuzi
- Squeeze the lemon
- Use a wide salad bowl and folk to mix together all ingredients above adding salt while mixing until everything is mixed
- Chill and then serve or serve immediately
Kachumbali can be eaten with roasted beef or chicken, with pilau or any other kind of main dish.