Cut The Steak a La French
He’s a special treat with great homemade dishes.
* 1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1 / 2 teaspoon onion powder 1 / 2 tsp onion powder
* 1 / 2 teaspoon garlic powder 1 / 2 teaspoon garlic powder
* Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
* 1 lb. skirt steak, cut in half 1 pound skirt steak, cut into half
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, Divided 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
* 1 / 4 cup butter, Divided 1 / 4 cup butter, divided
* 2 2 sweet onions, sliced sweet onions, sliced
* 1 / 3 cup white wine 1 / 3 cup white wine
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1 / 3 cup beef stock (or broth) 1 / 3 cup beef stock (or broth)
HOW TO MAKE:
1.In a small bowl, combine spices and salt and pepper. Liberally season the steak with the rub and let rest 15 minutes on the counter. Steak with a rub-free season and allow 15 minutes at the table.
2.Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Add onions, season and cook until soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add the onions, season and cook until soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
3.In a large saute pan, heat vegetable oil 1 tablespoon remaining butter over high heat with 1 tbsp. Place steaks in the pan until nicely browned and SEAR, about 3 minute per side for medium-rare. Place steaks in pan and sear until well browned, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove pan to plate to rest 10 minutes. Remove the pan onto a plate to rest 10 minutes.
4.Place a saute pan over high heat and deglaze with the wine and vinegar until reduced by half. Add onions to the pan with beef broth and Reduced by half. Add the onion to the pan with beef broth and reduce by half. Salt and pepper, to taste. Salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Slice steak and fan to serve. Slice the steak and fan to serve. Top with sauce. Top with sauce.