Great Side Dishes Part III
Here are some more great and unusual side dishes for you to try.
These side dish recipes came from the June/July 2011 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
Recipe 1. Celery Salad with Blue Cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup EVOO
- 1 bunch celery with leaves, ribs sliced ¼ inch thick, leaves reserved
- ¾ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Whisk in the EVOO.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, 1 ½ cups celery leaves, the walnuts and blue cheese. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Recipe 2. Rainbow Tomatoes and White Beans
- 2/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- ¾ cup EVOO
- 1 pound multicolored tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (15 ounce) cannelini beans, rinsed
- ¾ cup pine nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, capers, vinegar, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; whisk in the EVOO.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, cannelini beans and pine nuts and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.