Heart Healthy Green Bean Salad
Delectably delicious and extremely satisfying, is this rendition of green bean salad. Enjoy this salad all on it’s own no guilt required.
- 1 10 oz French green beans, trimmed
- 1 bag spring mix
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 strips uncured turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of canned beets sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet onion (Maui)
- 1 cup fresh basil
24 Hours before:
- Blend the basil, salt, pepper, honey, vinegar, mustard, oil and onions on high for three minutes. Allow to chill in the refrigerator.
- In a medium sauce pan steam the green beans in chicken broth or salted water for 5 minutes remove and place in a large bowl with ice water.
Transfer the beans in a medium bowl and add half of the vinaigrette; toss to coat evenly, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
The following Day:
Toss the spring mix into a large bowl with the remaining dressing, the green beans, crumbled cheese, bacon pieces, beets and almonds.
Healthy and satisfying, you should be proud of yourself!