Prep: 25 min. + chilling
Yield: 16 Servings.
- Prep: 25 min. + chilling
- Yield: 16 Servings
15 10 25 Ingredients
- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts 3/4 cup equals 150 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
If you want the cucumbers in your salad to be cool and crunchy, just chill them overnight in ice water. You’ll be delighted with the results…and so will everyone else! —Ruby W., Bogalusa, Louisiana