For a Sweet Healthy Breakfast: Buckwheat Recipe
published by Megan Jones on Feb 18, 2011
Use the gluten-free buckwheat recipe to replace your breakfast cereals.
Milk, honey, dried fruits, nuts, and cinnamon, all mixed together with buckwheat, for a delicious and very healthy breakfast.
- 1 cup buckwheat seeds
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons honey or brown sugar
- chopped dried fruits (cranberries, figs, raisins, apricots, etc)
- chopped walnuts, hazelnuts
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Wash seeds of buckwheat and soak overnight in water (7 hours would do).
- Wash again, then mix with milk and honey (or sugar) and let them boil together until buckwheat becomes soft.
- Let it cool.
- Chop dried fruits and nuts and add to the mixture.
- Add cinnamon.