Holiday Scalloped Sweet Potato Dauphinois
Sweet potatoes are being revolutionized in the cooking industry as more people are growing to love the flavor and their versatile nature. This recipe gives new life to an otherwise recognizable dish.
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potato peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove sliced in half
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 ounce butter
- salt and white pepper
- Butter a shallow baking dish and rub the garlic clove all over the bottom.
- Whisk the cream and the milk together.
- Place one layer of sweet potato slices on the bottom of the dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour a a layer of the cream mixture over the potato’s.
- Continue this method until there is no more potato or cream mixture remaining.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Note: If you’d like to speed up the process, precook the sweet potatoes to cut about 20 minutes off your cooking time.
You can also check out my recipe for Yam Fritters for another wonderful accompaniment to a holiday feast.