How to Make Coconut Sauce | Spicy Coconut Condiment
This coconut condiment is made from roasted coconut (white flesh) which brings a smoky and sweet flavor to the sauce. Use half of the green chilli for less heat.
An alternative to this condiment is to use unsalted roasted peanuts instead of coconut. View the recipe for the peanut sauce here.
You will need:
- 1 cup coconut (white flesh)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp or paste (seedless)
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsp salt
1. Cut the coconut flesh in small 2-inch even pieces.
2. Place the coconut pieces in broiler for 5 minutes or until brown on the edges.
3. Combine coconut pieces, mint, garlic, tamarind and chili in a blender.
4. Add ¼ cup water and blend to a smooth sauce.
5. Pour in serving container.
6. Add salt to taste.
You may also like: