Raw papaya has digestive properties. Good for parties.
Image via Wikipedia
- Some grated raw papaya in thin slices.
- Red pepper—1
- Table spoon of oil
- Ateaspoon of mustard seeds
- Pour water just a few inches above those grated papayas and boil.
- Add salt accordingly.
- Add sugar till those grated papayas simmer in a viscous syrup.
- Squeeze lime juice for making it appear transparent and taste a bit tangy.
- In a pan pour the oil and crackle in mustard seeds and the dry red chilly
- Pour this on the papaya in syrup; for garnishing.
This cooks well when prepared in a sumptuous quantity.
This is a recipe for one of those hey days when nobody will frown upon you for consuming sugar.
It looks fantastic in a glass bowl. If served in a plate, it should not run.