The Homemade Way: Creamy Parmesan Salad Dressing
A good salad deserves a good dressing. Not something you can usually find in a bottle. Homemade dressings are simple, quick, taste better and far more affordable than buying that bottled stuff.
Inspired by the house dressing at Coco’s restaurant, my Creamy Parmesan Dressing is thick, cool and mild, and is the perfect topper for a crisp, green, garden salad.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely grated, fresh Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic and a few grinds of black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk, a little at a time, whisking as you go, until reaching desired consistency for dressing or dip.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary. Parmesan cheese is very salty, so add salt sparingly, if needed at all.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Use low fat sour cream and low fat buttermilk for a reduced calorie version.