Spicy and delicious chili made with some chicken.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 15 ounce cans kidney beans with liquid
- 14.5 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 7 ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
In a pot over medium heat, cook the beef until brown. Drain and return to pot. Mix in onions, bell peppers and jalapenos and cook until soft or as desired. Mix in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, tomato paste, and kidney beans (include the liquid of the tomato paste and kidney beans).
Using a food processor or blender, puree the tomatoes with the chipotle peppers until smooth. Stir into the pot with 3 cups of water.
Combine the remaining 1 cup water with the flour in a jar and shake to combine. Pour into the chili and stir in the vinegar. Simmer for about 45 minutes before serving.