Dry Fish Curry(karuvadu Kulambu)
published by 5seconds on Jul 16, 2011
Dry Fish Curry(Karuvadu Kulambu)
Recipe for preparing Dry fish Curry(Karuvadu Kulambu).
- Nethili Karuvadu / Any dry fish – 15 nos
- Brinjal – 1
- Drumstick – 1
- Small Onion – 6
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Tomato – 1
- Green chilly – 2
- Mochai Kottai / val beans – 1/4 cup
- Red chilly Powder – 3/4tblspn
- Coriander Powder – 1tblspn
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2tspn
- Salt – 1/2tspn
- Oil – 1tblspn
- If you are using the fresh val beans then just start from the method. otherwise go for presoaking.
- Dry roast the mochai kottai, till u see dark spots on the outer layer and a nice aroma.Then rinse it with water twice. Add water till it gets well immersed. Soak overnight or an hour.Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Cut small onion into 2 pieces. Cut brinjal into 4 pieces. cut drumstick into 2 inch size pieces. Cut tomato into 4 pieces.
- Heat little oil in a pan. Add val beans, fry it for 2 minutes then keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in 3 cups of water and squeeze out the juice from that.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder and salt with the tamarind juice. Also add Slitted green chillies, cut tomato, and roasted val beans with this.
- Heat oil in a pan. Seasoning it with fenugreek seeds and onion, garlic and fry it for a minute.
- Add tamarind juice with this. And also add cut brinjal and drumstick with this.
- Allow the gravy to boil for 10 minutes. Once it starts boiling, add dry fish with the gravy and mix well.
- Once dry fish got cooked well and it leaves nice aroma, then switch off the flame.