Healthy Chicken Soup for the Breast-feeding Mother
A breast-feeding mother needs healthy, nutritious foods. Try this one!
Breast feeding? Why not try this Asian Chicken Soup – good for warming your body, improving your blood circulation and, and most of all, enriching your breast milk and increasing your breast milk production.
- 1.5 litres water
- ½ whole chicken, quartered and skin discarded
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced finely
- 2 pieces of shallots, sliced finely
- 3 inches of ginger, sliced finely
- Salt to taste
Tied up in a piece of clean muslin cloth:
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 4-5 star anise
- 5-6 cardamom seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon white pepper
To prepare the chicken soup:
- Add the water, the tied-up muslin cloth containing the spices, the sliced garlic, shallots and ginger into a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the chicken, simmer for 45 minutes or until the chicken tender enough as you like.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove soup from heat and serve while still hot. You can add a chopped onion spring and a fried-dried garlic if you like as you serve.