Homemade Chicken PIE
Quick and simple. Perfect for entertaining guests for any occasions.
I always love to be in the kitchen. But I’m not a good cook or patissier either. I register for a baking class during weekends for two hours per session to increase my knowledge about baking. I tried to make CHICKEN PIE recently out from the left-over roasted chicken for dinner the night before and the taste was so great. Here’s my simple recipe.
400g plain flour
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 TBSP. shortening
pinch of salt
300g chicken fillet
1 can cream of mushroom
2 pcs. sausages
10 pcs. button mushrooms
1 onion (chopped)
5 gloves garlic (chopped)
salt and pepper
oil for frying
FOR THE FILLING:
1. Cut chicken meat, sausages and button mushrooms into small pieces. (or according to your preference)
2. Heat up oil in the frying pan, saute onion and garlic until golden brown.
3. Add the chicken meat, stir and simmer for about one minute before adding the sausages and button mushrooms.
4. Pour the cream of mushroom in a bowl, mix thoroughly until no visible lumps. Mix to the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
5. Set aside and let it cool.
FOR THE PASTRY:
1. Sift flour in a big bowl. Add salt.
2. Rub margarine and shortening.
3. Add lemon juice and water until pliable.
4. Knead the dough until smooth. Add water if necessary. Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Heat oven at 180D Celsius.
6. Divide the dough into two. Shape them into small balls.
7. Dust plain flour on your working space and flattened the dough with a rolling pin.
8. Press the first pastry into the baking dish and add the filling.
9. Cover with the second pastry.Sealed the ends. (slit the pastry, according to how you cut it when serving, this allows the steam to come out while baking.)
10. Bake for 25 minutes.