How to Cook Lemon Chicken Stir-fry
How to Cook Lemon Chicken Stir-fry.
Stir-frying is an English term used to illustrate Chinese cooking techniques, which are known as Chao and Bao. This English term was introduced by Buwei Yang Chao, which can be found in her book called How to Cook and Eat in Chinese. The Chao cooking technique can be described as sautéing, which is a Western style of cooking. The Bao cooking technique is done by heating the pan, then adding the seasoning, oil, and meats in a fast manner without a pause in between.
There are a number of dishes that can be cooked using the stir-fry method. A popular and delicious dish is the Lemon Chicken Stir-fry. Who said you can only eat this in fancy restaurants? Now, you can easily prepare this at home for your family. This recipe makes 4 servings. You can also serve this Lemon Chicken Stir-fry over rice.
1 lb. of chicken breast (boneless and skinless), sliced into strips
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
2 tbsp. of sugar, preferably Equal sweetener
4 c of mixed vegetables like carrots, broccoli, green onions, snow peas, red pepper, celery, and fresh mushrooms.
For the Lemon Sauce:
2 tsp. of apple juice
1 bouillon cube (chicken flavor) or a teaspoon of instant chicken bouillon
1 tsp. of chili sauce
1 tbsp. of cornstarch
¼ c of lemon juice
2 tsp. of soy sauce
1/2 c of water or vegetable broth
- First, prepare the lemon sauce. In a bowl, combine the following ingredients: half cup of water or vegetable broth, 2 tsp. of apple juice, 1 tsp. of chili sauce, 1 tbsp. of cornstarch, ¼ c of lemon juice, 2 tsp. of soy sauce and the crushed chicken bouillon cube. Stir until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Start heating the oil in a pan in medium heat.
- When the oil is already hot, put in the strips of skinless chicken breast. Crush the 2 cloves of garlic and mix them together with the chicken.
- When the chicken is already cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, you can then cook the mixed vegetables for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- After which, you can place the cooked chicken back to the frying pan, together with the vegetables. Add the lemon sauce prepared earlier. When the sauce is already thick, you can then mix the sugar.