Indonesian Food Recipe of Chicken Soup or “Soto Ayam”
Do you like chicken soup? This is a special recipe of chicken soup from Indonesia. Indonesian called it "Soto Ayam".
Some days ago I was planning on to make a special and different dish for my family. I have been searching for some recipes on the internet till I found out an Indonesia recipe of Soto Ayam. “Soto Ayam” is an Indonesian word for chicken soup. “Ayam” means chicken; a “soto” means soup. Soto Ayam or Chicken Soup is a famous dish in Indonesia. Mostly Indonesian people love Soto Ayam. The taste flavor of Soto Ayam will spoil the tongue. It will be best to enjoy warm Soto Ayam. Since Soto Ayam is a favorite food in Indonesia, you will easily find Soto Ayam almost everywhere in Indonesia. There a lot of various names of Soto Ayam, based on the different region: Soto Ayam Kudus, Soto Ayam Betawi, Soto Ayam Banjar, and many more. In this article, I will only write the common recipe of Soto Ayam. Here is the recipe:
The ingredients of Soto Ayam are:
1, 5 liters of water
1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
3 spoonful of cooking oil
2 leeks, finely chopped
1 stalk of lemongrass, brushed
2 lemon leaves
Spices to be refined:
2 spoonful of salt
6 pieces of garlic
4 candle nuts
2 cm of turmeric
1 cm of fresh ginger
½ spoon of pepper powder
Other ingredients are:
150 grams of bean sprouts, pour with boiling water, drained
100 grams of Soun, soaked in hot water, drained, cut into small pieces
2 eggs, boiled and cut into pieces
1 celery, finely chopped
2 spoonful of fried onion
2 spoonful of fried garlic
Complementary Ingredients are:
Potato cakes (perkedel kentang)
Lime, cut into pieces
Sweet soy sauce
The steps in preparing Soto Ayam are:
1. Boil the water, put the chicken in the boiling water till tender, and remove the chicken from the pan.
2. Heat the cooking oil, sauté the refined spices till fragrant.
3. Add the lime leaves, leeks, and lemon grass. Stir them till wilted.
4. Pour the sauted spices into the boiled water. Boil again the water.
5. Cut the boiled chicken into pieces.
1. Put potato cakes (perkedel kentang), Soun, bean sprout, pieces of chicken into a bowl.
2. Pour the spiced boiled water into the bowl.
3. Sprinkle fried onion, fried garlic and chopped celery onto the dish.
4. Soto Ayam is ready.