International Recipes: France: Chicken with Noodles and Wine Sauce
Here is the first in a new series of international recipes. It can be from any country, so if it comes from your country as I realize we all live in countries different from each other, check back maybe the next recipe will be from another country and you just might like it!
2 Broiling chickens. quartered
All purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary leaves
1/4 teaspoon marjoram
4 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1 small bay leaf
1 small carrot
1 small carrot
3 ribs celery
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
12 ounces medium noodles
1. Wipe the chicken pieces and coat them with flour. Saute in the butter until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the onion to the pan and saute. Add the garlic, rosemary and marjoram and cook until the onion is wilted. Blend in one half cup flour. Using a whisk, gradually add in the chicken stock, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened. Add the tomato, salt and pepper
3. Add the chicken to the sauce. Add the bay leaf, carrot and celery and simmer slowly 15 minutes
4. Add the mushrooms and wine. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce the heat and simmer slowly until the chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain, place on a serving plate, and top with the chicken. Pour the wine sauce over chicken and serve immediately.