published by Spumoni on Nov 21, 2007
This is a dynamite recipe for lobster bisque.
- Yield: 1 quart
- 2 – 1 1/2 lb. lobsters
- 1 Fluid Ounce – Clarified butter
- 2 oz. – celery chopped
- 2 oz. – carrot chopped
- 4 oz. – onion chopped
- 1 clove – garlic, minced
- 2 t. – paprika
- 1 T. – tomato paste
- 2 Fluid Ounces – brandy
- 40 Fluid Ounces – Fish Broth
- 8 Fluid Ounces – heavy cram
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- 1 Fluid Ounce – dry sherry
- Simmer the lobsters 6 to 8 minutes. Shock in ice water, drain and remove the lobster meat and reserve. Break the shells into small pieces.
- Sweat the onion celery and carrot mix in the clarified butter. Add the crushed lobster shells and sweat together briefly. Add the garlic, paprika and tomato paste and proceed to cook.
- Deglaze with the brandy and reduce a se`c. Add the fish broth and bring to a simmer slowly. Simmer the bisque for approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
- Puree` the bisque in a food processor, grinding the shells to extract lobster flavor. strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or several layers of cheese cloth into a separate pot.
- Add the heavy cram and re-heat the soup. Adjust the consistency of the soup with additional fish broth if necessary.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and add the dry sherry before serving, then Enjoy!