Nana’s Creamy Mac and Cheese
My Nana was the best cook I ever met and when she gave me this recipe I was delighted to share it with the world.
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni,drained
- 2 cups grated chedder(you could use chedder sauce in a jar or chedder soup instead)
- 2 slices of american cheese,broken up into bits(optional)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream with chives
- 4 table spoonsbutter cut into slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper(optional)
- 1/2 cup milk(more or less to moisten the macaroni)
Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained,place in a large bowl and while it is still hot added all the cheeses (soup or sauce).in a separate bowl ,combine the remaning ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture.
*if baking is desired preheat oven to 350 degrees f. add two eggs to the macaroni mixture pour into a greased casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350degrees. top with additonal cheese,if desired