Other Benefits of Yogurt
Besides consumed to aid digestion system, what are the other benefits of yogurt?
Yogurt is not only for eaten away. This fermented milk can also be used to make a variety of dishes. But remember, do not use aluminum pans when preparing anything with yogurt. Acid in the yogurt will react with aluminum.
These other benefits of yogurt:
1. Because its acid content, yogurt could be used as a substance (marinade) to tenderize the meat.
2. Yogurt can be used to thicken the cream sauce. If you want to, add a little cornstarch, be aware so it will not too thick. The trick, mix two teaspoons of cornstarch in 1 cup of yogurt before adding hot liquids. Stir when it begins to boil and thickens. In order yogurt does not separate when adding hot liquid, make sure its temperature is room temperature.
3. Yogurt can be used as a substitute for sour mayonnaise in salad dressing to reduce calories.
yoghurt (Photo credit: dotty finlow)
Other things to keep in mind when cooking with yogurt:
* If in the process of cooking, the yogurt is separated, sometimes still can be improved. Mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 1/2 tablespoons cold water. Stir this mixture in some yogurt and heat until the mixture thickens and then combine with the remaining part of the yogurt.
* Stirring too quickly will make yogurt burst. Because of that, stir slowly while mixing with the other ingredients.
You may interested in: