published by cherryflower70 on Oct 2, 2010
A very easy to prepare hot and sweet recipe for tomato. Can be used as a spread for sandwiches or with Indian flat bread or tortillas etc.
Time to prepare —– 15 mins
- Tomato —— 4 ripe tomatoes
- Nigella seed— ¼ tsp
- Ginger paste – ½ tsp
- Garlic paste- ½ tsp
- Onion paste -1/2 tsp
- Brown sugar or refined sugar —- 3tbs
- Bay leaf - 1
- Red chilli powderc- ½ tsp ( Add more or less as per taste )
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder- ¼ tsp
- Dry chilli – 1
- Oil – 1tbs
- Water – ¼ cup
- Blanch the tomatoes to take out the outer skin.
- Core the tomato and chop in to pieces
- Mix the ginger, garlic and onion paste.
- Take a non stick pan with lid.
- Heat oil to full point.
- Add the nigella seed and chilli.
- When it crackle, add mixture of the ginger , garlic & onion paste.
- Sauté till the oil leaves the side.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, bay leaf.
- Saute till half cooked.
- Add the sugar and mix it thoroughly.
- Add water.
- Put the lid and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Let it simmer till it thickens.
- Turn off the gas and serve it as a dip or spread.