Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of Bronchitis and cure.
- To thin mucus secretions, drink a glass of clean water every two waking hours.
- Homemade chicken soup also thins mucus. Add garlic or ginger for flavor and immune support.
- To reduce phlegm, have some hot barley soup.
- Onions are an old folk remedy and have anti-inflammatory properties, so eat them often.
- If you have bacterial bronchitis and are taking antibiotics, consume nondairy sour products, such as kefir or sauerkraut, daily to replenish disease-fighting bacteria.
Foods to Avoid
Eliminate foods that encourage mucus production: dairy products, chocolate, and bananas, as well as processed, refined, fried, and junk foods. Avoid simple sugars, as they suppress immune function.
Fast on water, soup, juice, and herbal tea for a few days to let your body turn its full attention to fighting the infection. Fasting will also speed the elimination of mucus, especially when expectorant herbal teas are part of the regimen.
- Rest, preferably in bed, while the illness is at it’s worst. When you feel better, move around to keep the infection from settling into your lungs, but continue to rest after periods of activity.