How to make delicious and healthy yogurt.
• Yogurt, milk is made by bacterial fermentation.
Yogurt can be made from any milk, including soy milk.
• But modern production is currently dominated by dairy cows.
• Fermented milk sugar (lactose) produces lactic acid, which acts
the milk proteins to produce a gel-like texture and
smell unique to yogurt.
• Yogurt is often sold as is, however fruit flavors,
vanilla or chocolate are also popular.
When in the value of nutritional content, it is not inferior to milk yoghurt in general. This is because the basic ingredients of yogurt is milk, yogurt and even there are some advantages that are not owned by the pure milk are:
1. Very suitable to be consumed by people who are sensitive to milk (which is characterized by diarrhea) due to lactose
contained in regular milk has simplified the process of yogurt fermentation.
2. When consumed regularly can even inhibit cholesterol levels in the blood due to
yogurt contains bacteria lactobasillus.Lactobasillus serves to inhibit the formation of cholesterol
in our blood comes from the food we eat as offal or meat.
3. Improve our immune system because yogurt contains good bacteria that many
can automatically balance the bad bacteria found in our milk.
YOGURT MAKING THE RIGHT WAY:
Although it looks difficult, making yogurt is actually very simple. The tools we need are not too complicated, like pot measures about 40 cm, spoon stirrer, a glass jar with a lid. All of this equipment can be obtained easily on the market-the market or shopping malls such as Carrefour. The main material required for the manufacture of yogurt is milk. Milk can be either liquid milk directly but to note that milk used to be milky white.
The steps are as follows:
1. Prepare the milk was diluted with 1 liter of boiled water and add milk cream as much as 15%.
2. Cook over low heat while stirring constantly, for 30 minutes but do not boil. It is only intended
to evaporate the water so that will form lumps or solid yoghurt.
3. If you have, then removed and the solid yoghurt cooled approximately to lukewarm and then
added seed yoghurt as 2-5% of the amount that has been thickened yogurt earlier. Seeds yoghurt is
not be freely sold in the market but you can get at one store. Or we can simply
use plain yogurt (with no additional flavor), no sugar and no flavor yogurt as seeds.
4. Let stand for 24 hours in a sealed container to produce a sour taste and strong shapes.
5. The higher the total solid remaining clear liquid the less, and the resulting yoghurt
the better. Solid yogurt that has not been given extra flavor can also be used as seeds to yogurt
The next creation.
6. Once shaped yogurt or sugar syrup may be added to the acid is not strong, even
supplemented with additional food flavorings such as orange flavor, strawberry and lychee that we can get in
pharmacies. Yoghurt can be served not only as a beverage, but also can be served as a
fruit salad as a sauce or as a mixture of ice pieces.
7. Yogurt that is so can be placed in plastic or glass containers. If we want to use plastic containers should be a bit thick, but if you want to save yogurt for a longer time should use glass containers.
• Cleanliness is a must so we pay attention, so you should use all the tools boiled in boiling water for 5-10 minutes. If hygiene is not maintained can lead yogurt is not so, with no acidic characteristics despite solid form, solid surface covered with mushroom-shaped black spots and smelled sour very sharp.
• For our own yogurt should be stored for a maximum of 1 week.
Besides the issue of hygiene, yoghurt storage issues also need to be considered.
There are two things to note are:
1. Yogurt should not be exposed to sunlight.
2. It should not be placed at room temperature, should be stored in cold temperatures / refrigerator but should not be
placed in the freezer. Yogurt should not be stored in the freezer for a yogurt base material
milk can be broken and that it would damage the yogurt.
TIPS CHOOSING YOGURT:
1.Pilihlah thick yoghurt.
2.Pilihlah yoghurt stored at cold temperatures do the outside as it is usually
sterilized again so mikroorganismenya gone.
3.Dicermati label that plain yogurt or yogurt drinks tailored to our needs.
4.Dicermati expiration date.