Coconut Bread Pudding with Chocolate Drizzle
Coconut Bread Pudding is a delicious dish that can be served warm or cold. I actually prefer to cook, refrigerate overnight, and serve the next day.
Coconut Bread Pudding Ingredients:
1 loaf of French Bread, cubed
6 eggs (2 whole and 4 yolks)
2 cans of coconut milk
1 can of cream of coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of flaked coconut, divided.
Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients:
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can of condensed milk
1. Put eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract, 1 cup of flaked coconut, and cream of coconut into square baking dish; whisk together.
2. Add cubed French bread to dish.
3. Do not stir, but gently push any stray bread into the liquid.
4. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for an hour.
5. Remove coconut bread pudding from refrigerator.
6. Top with one cup of flaked coconut and bake uncovered for one hour at 350 degrees.
7. Meanwhile, heat semisweet chips and condensed milk over low heat just until chips are melted; stir frequently to prevent burning.
Note: if coconut bread pudding is preferred cold, simply refrigerate overnight and make the chocolate drizzle right before serving.