Easy Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
Looking for an easy side dish to serve your family or to serve at parties and get-togethers? This Broccoli Rice Casserole is one of the easiest. What’s more it can be made using ingredients you may already have in your pantry.
By Joan Whetzel
I found the basic recipe for this rice dish in a cookbook and modified it as a side dish. It is exceptionally easy and delicious. It is one of my family’s favorite dishes any time of year.
1 1/3 cups Raw Converted Rice (Uncle Bens)
1 cup Frozen Chopped Broccoli, thawed out
2 cans Cream Soup (mix and match the flavors) – chicken, celery, broccoli, onion, mushroom
2/3 cups Water
2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 3500.
- Mix the rice, broccoli, cream soups, water and 1/4 of the cheese (1/2 cup) in a mixing bowl.
- Spray an oblong baking dish (13″ x 9″) with nonstick spray. Spread the rice mixture into the dish.
- Bake at 3500 for 40 Minutes.
- Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole. Bake another 10 minutes, until cheese is melty-gooey.
Serves 4 to 6 people.
This can be cooked a day ahead of time and reheated the next day for parties or get-togethers. But don’t add the cheese topping until the day it’s being served. If you need to double the recipe for a larger crowd, add 10 minutes to the base cooking time, saving the cheese for the last 10 minutes.