Tasty Baked Onion Rings Recipe
Baked onion rings are healthier than deep fried onions rings or even fried onion rings.
English: Open packet of Burger King Zesty Sauce, used for dipping onion rings. The recipe is not disclosed. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Many people who like this dish do so because they enjoy the sweetness of the onions. This blends well with the crunchy exterior. Onions also have nutritional benefits and are good to eat.
For this recipe, larger onions are better since you will be able to enjoy a bigger crunch at the end with each bite. However smaller onions are just as flavorful. The most important thing is that you use sweet onions that are fresh from the market. These will give a better flavor to your dish.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 extra large onion
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup sparkling wine
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the Italian seasoning, sugar and a little salt to taste.
- Slice the onion into thick rings about a half inch deep and set the rings aside.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and enough salt for flavor.
- Add the sparkling wine to the flour and salt mixture to make a batter.
- Add the olive oil and the rest of the salt to the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Dip each onion ring into the batter so that it is covered with just enough batter, then dip it into the seasoned bdreadcrumbs.
- Place each ring on the baking sheet when it is completely covered with breadcrumbs.
- When all of the rings have been covered, leave the sheet inside the freezer for about fifteen minutes, so that the covering can set.
- Remove and bake at about 170 degrees Celsius until the bottoms are brown. Then flip them and bake until the other side is brown as well. That will take about 8 minutes on each side.
You may also like:
Mouth Watering Caribbean Recipes Desserts
Pomegranate in Season- Uses for A Delicious Autumn Fruit