Pininyahang Manok (Chicken with Pineapple)
published by nobert soloria bermosa on Apr 15, 2008
Chicken wings with pineapple. One of the favorite recipes of my daughter Angel.
Here’s a Filipino dish you will surely love.
- ½ kilo chicken wings (you can use other cuts as you wish)
- 1 can pineapple chunks (830 grams)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp. ginger strips (optional) I love the taste of ginger.
- 2 medium-sized cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk or coconut milk
- fish sauce or salt to taste
- Sauté ginger, garlic and onion
- Add the chicken wings, cook until all water evaporates and the chicken is lightly brown
- Add 1 cup water and bring to boil for 5 minutes
- Add the pineapple chunks. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the evaporated milk. Cover and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes. (If you are using coconut milk, do not cover, otherwise it will curdle).
- Add fish sauce or salt and msg (optional) to taste
- Simmer again for 2 minutes
Best serve with steam rice. Makes 3-4 servings.
For more recipes by the same author see:
My Main Course Recipes:
My Dessert Recipe:
My Salad Recipe:
My Soup Recipe: