Stuffed Shrimp in Hollandaise Sauce
When my favorite restaurant closed last year and I could no longer get their Stuffed Shrimp In Hollandaise Sauce, I had to come up with my own recipe. Hope everyone enjoys it.
Stuffed Shrimp Ingredients:
25 unpeeled raw jumbo shrimp
1 lb of cooked and diced crawfish tails (you can use frozen and thawed crawfish)
¼ cup of butter, divided
1 finely chopped onion
½ c. of finely chopped red bell pepper
½ c. of finely chopped green bell pepper
2 cloves of minced garlic
½ cup of dry breadcrumbs
2 tbsp of Creole seasoning
1 large lightly beaten egg
1/3 cup of mayonnaise
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp dry white wine
Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup of egg substitute
½ tsp salt
¼ c. lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 cup of softened butter, divided
Stuffed Shrimp Method:
1. Peel and de-vein shrimp, but leave tail intact.
2. Make a deep lengthwise slit down the back of each shrimp.
3. Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a large saucepan and add onion, peppers, and garlic; cook for five minutes over medium-high heat.
4. Stir in seasoning and breadcrumbs and immediate remove from heat.
5. Add egg, mayonnaise, and crawfish to vegetable mixture.
6. Stuff the slit of each shrimp with mixture.
7. Arrange shrimp evenly on non-stick baking pan, making sure shrimp aren’t touching each other.
8. Heat lemon juice and wine in a small saucepan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Drizzle wine mixture over shrimp.
10. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Hollandaise Sauce Method:
1. While shrimp are in the oven, combine egg substitute and salt in a heavy sauce pan.
2. Heat over medium, stirring with a wire whisk constantly.
3. Gradually add lemon juice, still stirring with a wire whisk.
4. Remove from heat; add ½ cup of butter, 2 tbsp at a time, beating well after each addition. The butter shouldn’t just melt. It needs to be worked into the mixture with the whisk.
5. Pour into an electric blender.
6. With blender on high, drop remaining ½ cup of butter, 2 tbsp at a time, into the blender.
7. Add lemon rind, and pulse twice.
8. Serve over stuffed shrimp.