Succulent Salmon Topped with Asparagus and Mozzarella
This dish will for sure be a favourite with the family, as it is delicious and tasty but at the same time easy to make.
Today I am going to share with you one of my mum’s classics, and one of our family favourites. When my mum announces that she is going to cook this for dinner, everyone arrives home on time, rather than the usual half an hour late! Salmon dishes are highly sought after because you generally get a tasty meal, and most of them are not that difficult to make. The name of it is succulent salmon topped with asparagus and mozzarella, and it really is easy to make!
Image via Wikipedia
- 1 salmon fillet each. ( Just a heads up that Sainsburys are doing a great deal at the moment 2 fillets for £5.)
- 1 pack of asparagus
- Packet of mozzarella cheese – it is easier to buy ready grated.
- 1 lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil for each fillet
You will also need some tin foil as well.
1. First of all, you need to cut 4 pieces of tin foil, or however many you are cooking, so that once you do put the salmon in them, you will be able to wrap them up – but don’t make them too big otherwise cooking can be a problem. Also pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. On each piece of foil, place 1 fillet of salmon so the skin side is down, squeeze a little lemon on, and then cut the asparagus into slices of about 5cm and add a few onto each parcel. Finish by drizzling a little oil over each parcel.
3. Now wrap each one up carefully so that the oil does not run out, but also so that it is not too tight.
4. Place on a baking tray and cook in the centre of the oven for around 30-40 minutes, but this really depends on how well done you like your fish!
5. About 5 minutes before the salmon is done preheat your grill.
6. Then open up each packet and make sure the salmon is done to your taste. if it is, then cut most of the tin foil away, so that the top is open.
7. Put the mozzarella on top of each one and grill for about 5 minutes, but you need to constantly watch because it burns very quickly.
There all done! I would recommend serving with saute potatoes and hollandaise sauce. It’s so easy even my mum likes my version!
Let me know how you get on, and if you vary it at all.